The Parish located in Egan Drive Bulleen, was established in 1963 and today is home to about 300 Mass attending parishioners. We are a multicultural community. The Parish includes the school whose enrolment has seen a marked increase over the last few years, to which adjustments have had to be made to accommodate the needs of our children with their safety being of highest priority.
We strive to be a Parish that is welcoming, generous, inclusive, compassionate and Christ-centred in all aspects of Parish life. Our simple motto: “Love one another” is the focus by which all try to respond to and participate in our collective Parish life. In 2019 we became a Dementia Friendly Parish.
The Pastoral Worker is to assist the Parish Priest and Parish Pastoral Council in delivering the mission and pastoral care of the parish community in accordance with the principles, practices, and teachings of the Catholic Church. The Pastoral Worker plays an active role in the implementation of Archdiocesan initiatives and is a key leader in our parish acting as a point of contact for all parishioners.
· Work with the Parish Priest to plan and prepare meaningful liturgies for the parish community.
· Attend weekend liturgies to assist in establishing and continuing a relationship with parishioners.
· Support the formation of people involved in Ministries e.g. Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist, Liturgy, Sacristans, etc.
Adult Faith Development:
· Assist in the development of an RCIA program and with adult faith formation.
· Assist in organising spiritual/educational programs within the parish.
Qualifications and Requirements
The Pastoral Worker reports to the Parish Priest, and when appropriate, in consultation with the Parish Pastoral Council.
Conditions of Employment
· The Pastoral Worker will have a probation period of 3 months. This will be a fixed term 12-month appointment, with a view to becoming ongoing.
· Hours of work are flexible and would include some evenings and weekends.
· The position is part time, 15 hours per week over 3 days
· Employment of the Pastoral Worker is in accordance with the Archdiocese of Melbourne rates of pay and Conditions of Employment.
· Applications are to be sent to email@example.com by Friday 16th December 2022. Please submit a cover letter addressing the key responsibilities along with a current resume and two recent written references.
· For further information, contact Suzette Diaz, Human Resources Partner on (03) 9926 2424.
The Archdiocese is committed to the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and vulnerable adults